Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to Keith's (mostly) Teaching Company blog

I have been considering this page for some time now. I have seen all, or part, of many dozens of Teaching Company courses. I started watching them in the early 1990s, when the company was quite young, as a way to expose my self to more liberal arts instruction than my electives in engineering school allowed. The first course was their massive history of philosophy course. Since then, having become hooked, I have explored a diversity of areas. These courses often inspire me to get related books, watch related films, and seek out related museum exhibits. Frankly, I have started to lose track of all the connections. Also, I often start one, and then concurrently begin another. These page tries to remedy that, allowing me to make observations on individual lectures or interesting discoveries short of a compete review.

No comments:

Post a Comment