Monday, August 8, 2011

Recommend Video for Harl's Courses

My first TTC course by Kenneth Harl was "Rome and the Barbarians". I would listen to it in the car during my occasional 5 hour drive to Washington, DC. When the CD finished two lectures, I remember letting it repeat because I couldn't focus and would lose the track of all of the Latin proper names. I could tell he was extremely knowledgeable, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as on Audio as other choices. Think Greenberg.

This past week I have been watching "Byzantium" on DVD. The material is similar, but it is all making more sense on video. In fact, where the two courses overlap the CDs make more sense. I will upgrade to Video Download when it becomes available on the older course.

Now the glowing reviews make more sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment