Saturday, February 26, 2011

Teaching Company Complexity course

This was a real surprise - what a great course! I was expecting more of a math course - I thought I would stretch a bit into pure math. I was pretty far off in what I was expecting. This is a great companion to the Game Theory course, and it made numerous references to books that were literally in my book bag as I watch the course! Three of them!

Micro Motives and Macro Behaviors by Nobel Laureate Thomas C. Schelling
The Long Tail by Anderson
& The Black Swan by Taleb

These three were all in my book bag because I have been interested in where the bell curve doesn't work out well, and because I heard about Schelling in the teaching company Game Theory course.

Gladwell's the Tipping Point is also mentioned many times - need to get that one.

If all that were not enough, this one reminded me of lectures I had heard on System Dynamics, and sure enough, this was discussed as well.

Seek this one out - it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment